Frugal Mom: Cloth for Mom

Catherine McDiarmid-Watt | Monday, October 14, 2019 | 0 comments
Rate this post:

Image: Two women work hard on a reusable menstrual hygiene kit made by Sierra Leoneans for Sierra Leoneans, by Geraint Hill on Wikimedia

Image: Organic Bamboo Reusable Cloth Menstrual Period Pads | SAVE the environment and money within TWO MONTHS these pads will pad for themselves | you'll be able to use them for YEARS!
Organic Bamboo Cloth Pads
I used cloth pads for about a year before I got pregnant. I LOVED them.

I will definitely go back to using them and take some of the bigger ones to the birth center with me when I have my baby.

They are soft, super absorbent, and I no longer get a terrible rash (not mention all sorts of other unmentionable things with disposables -- UGH.)

And in my opinion, cloth smells completely different, much more earthy, not at all fishy like disposables.

I soak mine in cold water for a day, empty, then put them in a dry bucket and wash them with my underwear when I wash laundry once a week (that will change as soon as the baby comes, I know).

Image: Brino Sanitary Napkins, 250mm Reusable Organic Cotton Menstrual Pad Washable Day and Night Panty Liner Sanitary Cloth(#1)
Reusable Organic Menstrual Pads
I have PixieCup Bamboo pads which are black, so stains are hardly noticeable.

I prefer dark colors, which won't show stains like unbleached cotton does.

I like PixieCup, but I haven't tried others. I saw one site on the web for ones you could even wear as a thong!

The only thing I don't like is if I run out and have to use a disposable ---- ICK!!!! I was about to buy more when I got pregnant, so... I'll get some before March.

If you liked the look of these pads, you can find instructions for making your own look-alike ones:
Make Your Own Cloth Menstrual Pads Pattern

Thanks to Kathryne for this Frugal Baby Tip!







Category:

Catherine

About Catherine: I have been writing my Frugal Baby Tips since 1982, when I was a young divorced mom of two - for my baby product company, Born to Love. I am now mom to three grown up sons, and a grandma - and happily married to a wonderful man. We have rescued two little dogs, Denny and Dexter - and a rescue cat, Bella.

Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money! Money-saving tips on diapering, diaper washing, safety, sling and baby carriers, toys, clothing, nursing, menstrual needs, traveling with kids, and more!

If you have Frugal Baby Tips to share, we want to hear them! It might even get published!

Find Catherine on Google+ - Join us on Facebook - Follow us on Pinterest

0 comments

Catherine encourages positive comments and suggestions that are helpful to other blog readers. Help keep this a fun place to visit and help all of us save money and get more frugal baby tips!

NOTE: Comments are moderated - just to stop the spambots - and so may take up to a few hours to be approved.

Catherine reserves the right to review, edit, refuse or delete any comment.

Popular Posts